Policy and commitment
Fruit d’Or’s mission is to provide organic small fruit and their products while reducing its environmental impact. Since its creation, Fruit d’Or has been working to improve its practices, with an environmentally friendly approach, by meeting and surpassing the standards of environmental and sustainable development.
By adopting its « Sustainable Development » policy, Fruit d’Or and its producers, suppliers and all its staff, are committed to:
Ecology and Environment
- Improving sustainable procurement by choosing eco-friendly suppliers and growers who adhere to the principles of environmental and sustainable development;
- Implementing projects that promote responsible management of resources.
Equity and social solidarity
- Improving sustainable procurement by choosing eco-friendly suppliers who adhere to ethical principles;
- Involvement in social and cultural environments.
Environmentally friendly products and consumers
- Constantly improve recycling methods and develop discharge;
- Improve procedures, products and services;
- Broaden training and implementation of environmental practices among employees;
- Encourage employees to do their part;
- Maintain first-class certifications;
- Ensure traceability of incoming produce and processed products;
- Promote production and development of organic products.
Health and quality of life
- Promote knowledge of sustainable development in the workplace and in the community;
- Ensure the well-being and respect of employees.
To attain these objectives, the directors of Fruit d’Or formed a Sustainable development committee and made it responsible for:
The Fruit d’Or Management team has called upon its entire staff as well as its business partners to ensure that the sustainable development commitment will be upheld. The company has pledged to give all the necessary support in terms of human resources and equipment necessary to implement this policy.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, improving and verifying sustainable development practices;
- Educating and training staff in the requirements and standards of sustainable development;
- Develop and promote a commitment to « sustainable development »;
- Run the « sustainable development » program and report performance and progress.